Dr. Vuong Nayima, D.O.
Dr. Nayima is double board-certified in Internal Medicine and Allergy/Immunology. Born in Viet Nam, Dr. Nayima moved to Des Moines as a child and graduated from Lincoln High School, where he met his wife. Dr. Nayima studied Biology at the University of Iowa before attending Des Moines University for medical school. He completed the University of Iowa - Des Moines Internal Medicine Residency Program at Iowa Methodist Medical Center in 2014 and his Allergy/Immunology Fellowship at the University of Alabama-Birmingham in 2016. Dr. Nayima then returned to Des Moines and has been practicing there since.
Dr. Nayima is a big proponent of medical education and serves as adjunct faculty with the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and provides lectures and preceptorships to numerous residency programs in the metro area.
Dr. Nayima’s medical interests include seasonal allergies, food allergy, drug allergy, and immune deficiency. When he is not practicing medicine, Dr. Nayima practices the piano, plays video games, and spends time with his wife Nicole, their young daughter, Lucy, and their pets.
Some of Dr. Nayima’s publications:
- Idiopathic Bradykinin-Mediated Angioedema Responsive to C1 Esterase Inhibitor Concentrate and Icatibant
- Severe and Early Presentation of NEMO/IKBKG Deficiency
- Chronic Breast Abscess in a Previously Healthy Adolescent Female Due to X-Linked Chronic Granulomatous Disease with Extreme Lyonization
- Pretreatment with IVIG and Corticosteroids for Contrast Media-Induced Severe Adverse Drug Reaction
- Sudden Loss of Tolerance to Hen’s Egg in an Adult
- Graded Escalating Doses of Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole in Immunocompetent Patients with Previous History of Delayed Rash to Sulfa Antimicrobials
- Retrospective Review: Assessment of Hypersensitivity Reactions in Patients Receiving Carbapenem Antibiotics Who Report a History of Penicillin Allergy
- HCAHPS Score Improvement through Effective Communication
- Diagnostic Challenges of Kartagener’s Syndrome In a Patient With an Unusual Complaint